HKA Tech and PMWeb were pleased to support the Australian Institute of Project Management’s National Conference in Melbourne, October 22-24. Almost 600 delegates were treated to two and a half days of presentations, workshops, keynote speakers and social events at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, which was set to the theme of “I3 – Innovate, Influence & Implement”.
Air Chief Marshal Sir Angus Houston AK, AFC (Ret’d) started the ball rolling by discussing the “ultimate disaster project” – the recovery of MH17 and the search for MH370 which he led. Digital disruption and transformation, working with millennials, the future of project management and the Fourth Industrial Revolution were some of the topics covered by keynote speakers. Read more
One of the key challenges involved with capital project management—particularly on engineering and construction projects—is the massive amount of knowledge that gets wasted when project teams fail to document and share the knowledge they gained while working on a project. read more.
This article continues the discussion of how web-based project management solutions can enhance a project team’s ability to manage construction claims; and covers the remaining tasks and processes that PMWeb helps facilitate. Read more
The PMWeb Annual User Conference was a great success, enjoyed by all. There were some excellent User stories, sharing experiences and advice in the use of PMWeb, from Clients including:
- HOAR Program Management – Andrew Betts and Sandra Denaburg gave a compelling Case Study on “How PMWeb Helped HOAR Program Management Deliver $600 Million Airbus A320 Final Assembly Line Project“
- Massachusetts Port Authority – John Audi and Irena Gagulic provided their insights on “Top 10 PMWeb Implementation Success Factors”
- Whataburger – Clint Saavedra and Cindy Espinoza took us through “Integrating Job Cost and Real Estate Project Management Systems: Building a Better Burger”
- CBRE / Regions Bank – Tony Webster, Terra Mieure and Jessica Williams described “The Spectrum of Bidding, Awarding and Contracting using PMWeb“
- The Walt Disney Company – Manny Alegria, Carol Hunter and Christian Walker – in addition to showing us all some of the Disney magic – presented their views on “Driving Change: Paving the Way with PMWeb“.
Other presentations included John Statts and Tim Fleet of Critical Business Analysis on “ExtractIQ: How to Manage Legacy Data and Move It into PMWeb”; and Joel Thompson (Facility Workflow Solutions) and Marsha Shugrue (PMWeb, Inc) on “The Power of Data Warehousing”.
Our own Konstantine (Kon) Tonas, Tyler Monson, Peter Aynsley and Travis Hamera presented on topics including “Unique Client Uses of PMWeb Features” and “PMWeb Tips and Tricks”. Kon even found time to win the Disney prize for “Best Wookie impersonation” (voice/roar only).
Many thanks for the PMWeb team for hosting this event, providing great workshops on special topics and giving all attendees some insights into where PMWeb is heading – including some previews of the soon-to-be-released v5.2 and some specific plans for the content of further releases.
The theme of the Australian Institute of Project Management’s National Conference this year is “Innovate, Influence & Implement”. Industry leaders will gather at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, situated in the heart of the city, from 22-24 October. HKA Tech and PMWeb are proud to once again support the AIPM at its annual conference – this year as a Conference Supporter Partner. Read more about the Conference
PMWeb Wins 2017 Top Product from Constructech. “PMWeb offers portfolio, program, and project-management software for owners and AEC firms that works the way the industry does. Even more, it has the team of experts that is needed to guide the market forward well into the future.” —Constructech editors
With new project awards declining, projects seeing lower profit margins, increased liquidated damage claims for late completion, and other recent developments, owners and contractors are becoming more contentious and adversarial, which is leading to a growing volume of claims and disputes. read more