Save the date: PMWeb’s 2017 User Conference with Optional Admin Training Day will be held October 2nd – 4th at the Trump International Beach Resort in Miami, Florida.
PMWeb Clients may now upgrade to Version 5.1. There is no additional cost for this upgrade for Clients on Software Support & Maintenance Agreements or using PMWeb’s Software as a Service (SaaS) – just contact your authorised PMWeb sales representative (e.g. HKA-Tech) to make the arrangements.
The new version introduces two major features – the PMWeb 3D Viewer and PMWeb University – as well as a large number of enhancements. Read more about Version 5.1.
After a lengthy review process, CMU chose PMWeb over all other competitors primarily because “Unlike the other software companies, PMWeb clearly understands construction.” PMWeb was designed and built from the ground up by Program and Construction Managers to deliver an all-in-one, easy-to-use project management system.
CMU joins other Universities using PMWeb, including Johns Hopkins, Harvard Business School, Harvard Graduate School of Education, American University, UC Davis Medical, Tufts, Johns Hopkins Hospital, University of Washington, Boston College and the University of Washington St Louis.
Please contact us if you would like more information on PMWeb.
November 22, 2016 PMWeb® announced a major software release, transitioning the leading enterprise-level project management software for the construction industry to new prominence – the world’s most robust and user-friendly project management platform.
Capital project owners, facility managers, program and construction managers and contractors in industries such as Aviation/Ports, Construction/Design, Education, Energy/Resources, Government, Healthcare, Infrastructure, Retail/Commercial, among others, will all benefit from the system wide improvements in Version 5.0. In fact, the feedback and requests from PMWeb’s broad global client base were a key driver in the development plan for Version 5.0.
The release of PMWeb Version 5.0 stays true to the company’s on-going pledge to continually innovate as technological leaders in the industry. The editors of Constructech – one of the industry’s most respected publications – agree. “PMWeb not only knows what the construction industry needs, but also delivers a comprehensive, integrated solution. With a focus on client services and R&D, the company is a good one to do business with.”
The client-driven enhancements for PMWeb Version 5.0 include:
- New Layout and Architecture: PMWeb’s Version 5.0 release features a brand-new look and feel. All controls throughout the program were upgraded to be lighter on the page, resulting in faster load and save times. Additionally, the icon set was refreshed and a new “Metro” skin added.
- Reinvented Scheduling: The Scheduling Module was reinvented from the ground up in Version 5. The interface was overhauled and spruced up and many new features were added that make the Scheduling Module much more powerful and easier to use.
- Advanced Multi-Currency: PMWeb has long had multi-currency by project but now that powerful capability has been expanded down to the line item level. As of Version 5.0, users now have the option of using multiple currencies among the lines of a single record. For example, a Purchase Order can now include two lines in US Dollars, three lines in Euros, and five more lines in Yuan.
- BIM Revit® Add-in: PMWeb can now integrate directly with BIM models using the Revit® add-in. This is used to automatically create PMWeb records from the BIM model, including assets (like floors, spaces, and equipment records) as well as other records such as RFIs, Submittals, and Work Orders. The optional BIM Module in the PMWeb Toolbox lets users track BIM models using new Model Manager records and generate PMWeb Asset records based on COBie data.
- PBS and Project Explorer: A new field, “PBS”, has been added to Programs, Projects and Initiatives and a PBS page has been added to the Portfolio module. The PBS field provides an additional piece of metadata to graphically categorize projects. Use the PBS to create an unlimited user-defined tree structure, then drag and drop your projects onto any node on the tree to classify them.
- New Collaboration Tools: A new tab, “Collaborate”, is available to display in most record types throughout PMWeb. With this tab, users can invite others to review and contribute to records on the fly. Collaborators can edit the record if granted permission and add notes, attachments and comments. Collaboration actions are logged and time and date stamped by user to automatically create detailed “conversations”.
- Multi-Project Records: In the cost management module, Budget Requests and Journal Entries can now be made as multi-project records. Each line in these records can be assigned to a different project.
- Revised Value: In Commitments, the Revised Quantity feature that PMWeb has had for several versions has been expanded to Revised Value. Now, throughout the change process for a Commitment, if you link to a Commitment line you have the option of adjusting not only the quantity but also the total currency amount. The revised quantity or the revised currency value can then be blended into Progress Invoice lines to make billing easier and clearer for all parties.
- Enhanced Scoring: The scoring features have been greatly enhanced for Version 5.0. For every Scoring question, you can now define the data type of the answer.
In August 2016, Oracle announced that it was discontinuing any further product releases or patches for Primavera Contract Manager (PCM). At the same time, ongoing “Sustaining Support” was confirmed on an indefinite basis – i.e. technical support for owners of PCM will be provided until further notice. Options for existing PCM owners therefore include:
- Continuing with the system (which will require some close management, given that new patches and alterations to external programs such as Java and Windows could impact PCM operation)
- Migrating to Oracle Unifier – there being options to facilitate this such as Oracle’s Contract Management Cloud Accelerator
- Migrating to an alternative system for the management of Contracts and other project-related functions.
Owners should consult with Oracle or a member of the Oracle Partner Network in relation to Options 1 and 2 above.
As part of analysing the cost/benefit of any new Contract Management system, an important component of cost (and time) is data migration. Our organisation has extensive experience in data migration from other systems into PMWeb and can provide advice on liklely cost. We have also now released two standard packages for migrating data from PCM V13.x and 14.x to PMWeb. This provides a ready reference for clients conducting comparative analysis and a tool to examine whether there are factors in their existing system that could make a migration non-standard (whether to PMWeb or to any other system).
Contact us for more information including package inclusions and pricing.